Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day



Happy end of February- I hope you had a LEAP of a day! Can only say that once every 4 years so why not right? Today was so.....interesting. Well, weather wise anyway. This morning it snowed. SNOWED! Didn't stick, but still. And then it rained. The big slushy kind of rain. And then it was sunny. And then more rain. AND WINDY! Big, gusty winds. I had to go out to pick up my lunch today and for the first time this year had to take my umbrella. And luckily enough- I had on  my new rainboots! (thank you thank you thank you lynn!) So I was prepared and faced the elements with bravery and courage and warm, dry toes. In my new cute boots. Did I mention it was also FREEZING!? It was. This is how I will remember 2012 leap day. As a weird weather day. 

 Photos taken a couple weeks ago by Greg in front a a cool building in Downtown Albany.
Speaking of leap day.....have you ever known anyone born on leap day? I haven't. But today I saw on Facebook that my sweet friend Kellyn had her baby girl today (and such a cutie!). So know I sort of know someone born on leap day. Hope yours was a great one too! Do anything special?

6 comments:

Jeni Lyn said...

Briene Walters (Wagner) also had her baby yesterday! Crazy! In all my life I have never known anyone with that birthday and yesterday I saw 2 babies born on that day! Crazy! and fun!

Andrea said...

Awe, That is so awesome! Good for her! And too funny eh?

Ann said...

Wierd weather marked the day here too! No snow, but cold and VERY windy! And then, poof, it stopped. You look darling in your boots! Love you sugar!

Diane Wahn Shotton said...

Love ur boots! Gonna need some like that for London. Spill on where u got them, K?

Anonymous said...

oh my, those are cute boots! glad you're staying warm! papa moe's birthday was feb. 28th, almost leap year!
favorite aunt!

Anonymous said...

oh my, those are cute boots! glad you're staying warm! papa moe's birthday was feb. 28th, almost leap year!
favorite aunt!