Sunday, February 12, 2012

Six Years and Going Strong

Six years ago Friday, I married my Royal Prince. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that it has already been six years....but I suppose that will happen every year from here on out. It has been quite the ride these years together; I wouldn't trade it for anything. There is definitely something to be said for marriage, especially one where the common denominator is love, and you plan and work towards your future together. Every set back we have encountered, we have always had each other for comfort, support and love. Most of all Love. We  know that no matter what happens, through every trial, through every success, we will have each other. There is such security in that. We are there for each other through sickness, through health, for the good times, and the bad. I feel like we've been through it all, and I know that whatever comes our way, we will make it through. Because what is written in our hearts is each other. And that is all that really matters.

Friday night we celebrated our marriage and each other with the loveliest of dinners at Sybaris. If you ever make your way to the Willamette Valley, this restaurant is a must go to.  We got the best seat in the house, right beside the wood burning fireplace. Our waiter, Jesse, was fantastic and took care of our every need. (you'll have to excuse the quality of photos, we didn't want to use the flash to much and it was dark and romantic in there)


We started out our meal with a glass of wine, and the swiss style smoked steelhead, poached leeks, with egg. Oh, my, goodness....yum!


Next came our main course. I had the pan fried oysters, chipotle tartare sauce, vegetable fried couscous and oyster sauce bok choy, and Greg had the grilled big pork chop, not-by-the-door-arkley's medlar chutney, chile spiked hominy, and porky greens. Both our meals were fantastic. It looked so good that we dug in right away and forgot to take a picture of the food when it first came and was so pretty. We actually used the flash on this one...


We were going to call it a night after we filled up on our delicious dinners, when much to our delight and surprise this beautiful dessert of chocolate hazelnut cake was brought out to us. I couldn't even really categorize this as cake.....just call it heaven instead! It was also on the house, how totally sweet is that? Well, I suppose we did have an in....Jesse, our waiter, is the boyfriend of one of Greg's employees (and she is a sweetie). We are definitely going to have to go out with them sometime.


Here we are after indulging ourselves in all of the deliciousness.  It was one fantastic meal! 


After dinner we went down to Calapooia and caught the last few songs of a really good band that was playing. So good, that my friend texted me three times to get down there. We ended up dancing between tables and bought a CD. The band is called The Druthers. They are from Portland, and so good! You should check them out. Well, that's a wrap on our anniversary date. It was one to remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i can't believe six years has gone by! sorry for the belated message earlier! i love that you're in love! we have our 20th this year! i can't believe that!
love you,
favorite aunt

Jeni Lyn said...

oh man. I miss that place. Please hold...let me wipe the drool off my keyboard.....

Six years is wonderful! Congrats! I hope to see you soon