Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DCA After Hours

This morning I was sitting at my desk going through email, like a good worker would, when I get an email from my boss. In the email there were two pictures of me from last night. This may not sound weird except that I was at the DCA After Hours and she was not. "Where the heck did you find these?!", I asked. To which she replied, "On Facebook!" I've never been on the DCA's FB page until today. But I "liked" it, so I'll see those photos first from now on! Well, assuming I actually check FB. Anyway, in case you didn't know, once a month a different business downtown hosts and after hours shindig, and I sell tickets for a raffle. Its like a service/volunteer thing, but I also do it so I can shmooze with all the business owners and try and learn a thing or two. Hey- it never hurts to be well connected. Also, it's fun to learn of all of the events being offered all of time.

 This is me selling tickets to guests.

 And this is me with Steve Hutchinson, the DCA board president, and Joan Wessell, the DCA's Executive Director. She's a peach and ropes me into it every month.
Photos courtesy of Jennifer Mooreland and Dave Basset.

1 comment:

lynn said...

such a good citizen! and smart!
did you ever find that laundry soap recipe?

favorite aunt