Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Favorites: Good Tunes and Red Toes

Happy July to you! And happy Friday! Sorry I missed the past couple...we were out of town (in Flagstaff for a family reunion on my mom's side), and then just busy busy! But I'm back today with a few of my favorite things. Oh- and I'll get some of my family reunion trip photos up here soon...and by soon I mean don't be checking everyday for it, but one day it will be here!

I love my records! They make me so happy. Especially when I'm cleaning and listening to The White Stripes. They disbanded- so I'll never see them play live, but the music lives forever!

 Red toes are fully appropriate for the 4th of July!!! One of my favorite holidays.

There is a new restaurant in Downtown Corvallis called the Laughing Planet Cafe.  This place is quickly becoming one of my favorites. They have an upstairs seating area that has a small deck looking over the river walkway. So pretty. The food is super tasty. They cater to vegetarians and vegans. My perfect lunch on this day was the Cuban Bowl. It had brown rice, black beans, sweet potatoes, and plantains, topped with salsa. YUM!
 
One of Greg and mines favorite things to do is seek out live music. If they are playing at a restaurant and we get to eat delicious food while we are at it- all for the better. Last Saturday night we wandered over to FireWorks Restaurant- where most nights they have live music (and the wood fired pizza they have there is awesome!). This duo I snapped a pic of are The Winterlings. It was folk music- and man were they good. They sang this one song, called Lauren's Forest, it seriously brought tears to my eyes. I would have purchased their CD if I had brought extra cash. Even Greg enjoyed them- and folk music isn't his regular thing.


So there you have it. What are you up to for the 4th of July weekend? Fireworks? BBQ? Strawberry Pie? I'm going strawberry picking tomorrow and you can bet I'll be making pie! And jam, and freezer jam, and who knows what other delicious creations.

No comments: