Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Favorites

I decided that I would try to make my blog a little more interesting by adding a "feature". This feature is telling you whatever my favorite things are on Fridays. Fridays are my favorite days because it kicks off my weekend, so naturally I would share my favorite things with you on this day. It could be anything I'm loving at the moment, from restaurants to Pandora stations to other blogs I enjoy.

Friday Favorite: BAGUETTE's - Downtown Corvallis
 This little restaurant has been one of my favs for a while now. Vietnamese, French inspired sandwiches- they are to die for! All of their sandwiches are under $6. There is nothing that they sell that costs more. The first time I tried it, I was kind of like...hmmm...these flavors are a little weird, but in a good way. And then, WHAM! I was hooked! All baguettes come with cucumber slices, pickled carrot shreds, cilantro, and their special tasty sauces. EVERY SINGLE ONE is DELICIOUS! Last week I had the Lemon Curry Tofu baguette. YUMM! And to go along with it, a roasted coconut drink. I could seriously eat at this place every single day. 


The people who run this place are always there, and are so incredibly nice. They make everything there, fresh, every day.

This is the Lemongrass Curry tofu Baguette. It is a little spicy in the best way. So so good. 
My other favorites are the other tofu with mushroom pate, the Lemongrass BBQ beef, oh, and their shrimp salad rolls with the best peanut sauce. Greg's favorite Baguette (which he rarely deviates from) is the Shumai - which is pork meatballs. I always end up asking for a bite of his because it really is tasty.

Other Friday Favorites are: 

Music: Been loving Mikke Snow radio on Pandora

Blogs: Oh She Glows! (This one is for you Lynn, and all of your vegan friends! :)), and Bluebird Vintage

Product: Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil - not only can you cook with it, but you can use it straight up as lotion. It makes your skin so soft and gives a nice little glow.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Okay.. my only response to that is: YUM!!!! Sounds heavenly! Love your blogs darling! Have a great weekend... looking forward to the next blog. Subject: Family Reunion? xox M.