Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It didn't rain on our parade!

Hello friends! I have a bazillion photos to share from our stupendous weekend! Boy were we busy bees. Friday night out with Michelle and Dustin. Saturday's Lebanon Strawberry Parade, then dinner with friends at our house. Sunday- well, we rested a bit. But I did bake a pie- make that two for the weekend. I actually don't have a picture of either one. First was a strawberry-rhubarb (YUM!), and the second was a mixed berry pie filled with strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. I liked the strawberry-rhubarb better, but both were good, and both are GONE! Pie does not last long in the Royal household.

I could regale you with all of the fun stories and tidbits, but really, that would be kind of boring and I don't want to type that much. So I'll let the pictures do my talking. I've always preferred that anyway!


Dustin & Michelle @ Block 15 
(mmm, day dreaming of beer battered french fries with garlic and parm topping!)

Yours truly & the Greggers

Here is us and the dog Jazzy that Greg walked, pre-parade

I was kind of wishing while we were there that I had brought my real camera instead of just my phone- some of the floats were AWESOME! Just check out these hulu ladies. They looked so great!

This is at the beginning of the parade walk.
Here's a little video I took with my phone. If you get dizzy real easy, don't watch.


This is the dude I got to walk - his name is Deuce, he is a lover of all children. 
He just soaked up all the attention. There were lots of lucky kids who got to pet him on the fly by.
Like his shirt? That gorgeous design was made by the Royals!
 
Mmm, yes, dinner Saturday night. Full of veggies - we did Shiska-bobs on the grill, had artichoke dipped in lemon garlic butter, a cucumber tomato salad, and of course, PIE!

And besides the great food and company, it was still lovely outside- warm enough not to need a sweater.
The sunset was a treasure.

1 comment:

Jeni Lyn said...

Looks like fun in a small town! Miss you! :)