Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The 4th of July- My Favorite Holiday

This week will be/has been a very busy one. Last night was fun- went out for a work social. Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends. Tomorrow night- meeting with more friends. Friday-small backyard BBQ. Saturday- the 4th of JULY!!!!- we'll float on the river and another BBQ. Sunday will be a day of rest. :)

July 4th, 1776, the colonies claimed independence from the British and Democracy was born. Greg and I are both patriots of this amazing country. It is something that is deeply rooted in me, and yet, I never really paid attention until these past couple of years. Not too happy about the way that things are going now, but that's for another time, another place....

This is also a great holiday because it celebrates freedom and independence- something that each person should claim for themselves. It is also the anniversary of my Grandpa Ken and Grandma Suey- Happy Anniversary you two love birds! My Grandpa Ken is a US History teacher- one of the best there is! That man has knowledge! My stepdad Jef is also a major US History buff. You should see some of the Civil War memorabilia he has. Love it!

Finally- I love this holiday because it is the one where you don't have any obligations except to celebrate how you want. Usually this entails some kind of BBQ. How can that get any better!

Happy Independence Day Everyone!

3 comments:

The Pint-Sized Platypus said...

Let freedom ring!!!!!!! I would have to agree with you. This year Independence Day has a whole new meaning for me. It's kind of like the Will Smith movie - only no aliens or hot black dudes.

BusyMama said...

It's a great holiday! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Are we going to get to see you in August??

andrea said...

I am glad you had such a great day! Good for you to show your patriotism!