Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We Rise, We Fall

I've been thinking a lot lately about highs and lows throughout life. 8 months ago was low, 18 months ago was really low. Life now is pretty damn good- I would say it is a high. What I think is really interesting is the highs and lows from week to week, day to day, and even hour to hour. We were talking the other night about good times and bad, and how if we never experienced those bad times, we wouldn't know how great good times can be. Everyone struggles. Everyone experiences things differently. So when you are in a good place, be understanding of those who may not be. When I was in high school, a friend of mine told me that everyone has their own reality. Another very wise person once told me to never judge how one may handle a situation, whether it be grief or joy- for you never know what they might have experienced in life.

I don't mean to get preachy or anything. I'm just taking a step back to appreciate how well things are going now, and how happy we are finding ourselves to be. And if/when life starts to get rough, I have these times, as well as other good times past, to look back upon and remind myself that we rise and fall with the tides of life.

Let the good times roll.

1 comment:

The Pint-Sized Platypus said...

That is so beautiful. I completely agree with you on this one sista!