Thursday, July 9, 2009

UPDATE

Whew, it has been a whirlwind lately! We actually have a life now, and it is great! I have to recap our past 4th of July weekend. We did everything except float on the river. Instead of floating, we went camping near and swimming in a river! We went to this place called Yellowbottom. It is called Yellowbottom because they have found gold in it. This river is CRYSTAL CLEAR! It has large swimming holes and you can actually still see the bottom of them. We swam all day, and trudged up and down the river. You can actually sit in small waterfalls and just let your feet hang over as the nice cool water runs right over them. Feeling all the water stream past you is what I would call a relaxing rush! It was a perfect day.
We were also lucky enough (on the 4th even!) to score THE PERFECT campsite! It is one that you pay for- but it is so worth the $8. It was so nice and clean, with bathrooms- well, you know, a nice hole in the ground with a toilet hole on top- and water, and they sold campfire wood for an awesome price. The forest was all old growth- which means the trees aren't just big, they are GINOURMOUS!
What's missing here? Pictures! I know, I can't wait to get the internet at home again. I have so many pictures to post it is ridiculous!
The rest of last week and this past week has been a blast. Been hanging out with my brother and friends a lot! Tonight we are going to go and see Young Dubliners down at the park. I'll let you all know how the music is. It should be fun- we are going to eat some ribs first- yum!
I'll try real hard to load up some pics and borrow someone's computer this weekend. I'll also try real hard to post more than once a week!
Later dude!

1 comment:

The Pint-Sized Platypus said...

Wow! That does sound like a perfect day! And you tell the tale so enthusiastically! :) I'm so glad you've finally found yourself at home here. Oregon loves you! Can't you tell?