Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer Highlights: The Dirty Dash

One of the most fun things I did this summer was a run. You are probably asking yourself if this is really Andrea talking, but yes, I assure you that it is. But it wasn't just any old boring run for charity. This was a MUD RUN! AND IT WAS SO FUN!!!! I've never gotten so dirty in my entire life! The only thing that would have made that day better is if Greg was there, but alas, he had to work. 

This run was down in Eugene, and it is called The Dirty Dash. Not only were there mud pits to run, and belly crawl through, it was a certifiable obstacle course! Pits to crawl under, walls to climb over, haystacks to get over, monkey bars to get across, rope ladders, tunnels, pits, slides, running, beer (or root beer) chugging, and a lot of fun and laughs along the way.

 Here we are still fresh and clean the morning of the fun run! 
Morgan, Stefanie, ME!, and Michelle


And here is the entire gang after the run! We had to rinse our hands and pull out our phones to get pictures!
Morgan, ME, Stef, Dustin, Michelle, Liz and Steve 

We were literally covered from head to toe with MUD! 
I had some big globs stuck in my hair too! 


 Michelle and I trying to get some pics of ourselves...

CLOSE  UP! (is that a booger coming out of my nose? Nope, just mud- Whew!)

Me and Stef. You can't imagine exactly how caked we were with mud. Well, maybe you can!
Raarr


This is one I will definitely be doing next year - with Greg in tow - he isn't allowed to miss any more Saturday fun like this!!! 

3 comments:

favorite aunt said...

OMG, another blog post!! this is my lucky month! Keep up the good work! i'll bet that mud was great for your skin!!

Darcie said...

Hahahahaa!!! These pictures are hilarious and you are even cute with mud caked all over you. You go girl! I'm proud of you. Love you -

Anonymous said...

Wow... sooo much fun! Only you could still manage to look beautiful all covered with mud! Love you bunches! xox M.