Friday, August 3, 2012

Catch-Up

I've attempted to start this post a bunch of times....always coming up blank. It's awkward for me, to be away for so long, and just pop right back into regular posting. I feel weird about it for some reason, like I have to have some really good explanation as to why I haven't been posting. But I honestly don't have a good reason except that, I didn't know where to start! 
So now I'm here and I'm typing and I could tell you about ALL of the happenings this summer, and there are a good plenty of them, but that might get really long and wordy- even for my taste. Starting back in May, I did join Instagram, and quickly fell in love... (find me @andiepantsphoto) and so I thought I would start with some of those photos, and over the course of many posts, fill you in! 

So back in May, I got really sick. Bronchitis and a cough that lasted a month! I literally could not breath and had to get an inhaler. After my second doc appt, the good doc explained that we are living (here in the Willamette Valley) in an ocean of pollen. He suggested, in addition to the prescribed inhaler and nasal spray, that I go to the coast to get some relief. Now THAT is a treatment I can handle!

 Greg (pre-summer haircut! Look at those locks!) & me enjoying the view.

 We were at Otter Rock in Newport, OR. I love it there!!!


You should know by now that I really enjoy taking pictures of nature...which is um, EVERYWHERE here!  So below are a couple of those. Summers here are glorious! There are leafy trees and wildflowers everywhere you look. Lavender has never smelled so sweet. The big apple tree (of which you saw a picture of in bloom, in my last post here) hanging over our driveway has been dropping apples for a few weeks now. The summer farmer's markets are bountiful, and tomatoes are like candy. Sunsets are beautiful, and it's light out until almost 10- which is awesome! If only we hadn't been so stinkin busy with work and other obligations this summer....we would have enjoyed even MORE bike rides, and backyard BBQ. Not to say we haven't done any of that, we certainly have. Just wishing for more...always more!

Moonrise over our garage. The speck of light you see in between the trees, ya- that's the moon!

Pretty sunset over the river (I realize the river isn't visible, but it was taken by the river- promise!)

I'm going to end it here for now. But now that I broke the ice so to speak, I'll keep coming back to give you more little pieces of our lives. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sooooo glad you're back! I've missed your posts. They always bring a smile to my face! xox M.

Darcie said...

I've missed you - Love you!

Atrena Holm said...

Glad your back! I just joined instgram so I'm still figuring it out. I have no clue how to find people yet, sad I know! I haven't played with it much! When I figure it out I'll follow you!