Thursday, August 16, 2012

Gathering Together


After one of my favorite holidays, the 4th of July, some of my very favorite people came to visit. Really, I never thought I would see the day!! And they were in and out and it was all over before I could really believe my eyes that, yes, they were in fact here, in Oregon!  My aunt Lynn, and uncle Pat did a tour of the Pacific Northwest and ended their trip in Portland. And so, somehow, we got my Mom to come out, and of course she couldn't come without my beloved sister and my newest nephew Jett. OH-MY-GOODNESS, that BOY is ADORABLE! I mean really, those cheeks, that smile, how he is so chill and cuddly. Geeze. I only wish they could have stayed longer than two days! But I'll take what I can get!

To start out their time here, Justin drove my mom and sis (along with Kaitlin of course) all the way down to my house. Once Greg got off of work, we headed out to Gathering Together Farms for dinner. If ever you have the chance to eat there, DO IT! But make sure you make a reservation. The food was Ah-Mazing! Its literally on the farm, and most of what you eat was grown there. It was my Mom's favorite meal of the trip, other than eating on another farm, which I'll get to.

Friday night Greg and I (plus Napoleon) drove up to Portland and spent the night at Justin and Kaitlin's. Boy was that a full house! Family sleepover! haha. Saturday morning we all met up with Lynn and Pat, and toured Portland's downtown Saturday Market. That place is incredibly crowded. And it was hot. And it was perfect! We all took our picks at the food carts for lunch afterwords and chilled (literally) out at Lynn & Pat's hotel room while we waited for confirmation of our next move- to Sauvie Island Organics Farm- to meet up with Mom and Lynn's cousin, Danny.  (my 3rd cousin or something like that). His wife, Shari, owns Sauvie Island Organics farm, and their place on Sauvie Island was a real treat to visit. Not only was it so fun to meet extended family, cause their two kids were also so sweet and adorable, but their property, house, back porch with the huge table, all of it, such a great experience. And then, to top off family, great company, and a great day- THE FOOD!
Kaitlin and Kristi enjoying the appetizers.

The FEAST! I find this picture beautiful and it makes my mouth water! You can't imagine how good it was. Grilled salmon, ginger pickled cabbage, curry marinated (pickled?) onion, fresh salad greens and veggies, and an abundance of fresh fruit and berries. 

Mom makin funny faces at me.

I think this was Kristi's plate. Grilled salmon, red quinoa, brown rice, ginger picked cabbage, the curried onions, salad, and that fresh fruit and berries. YUM!

Grandma time! 

Lynn showing Shari all of her and Pat's travels. They started in Vancouver, BC, then down to Seattle, WA, to Astoria, OR, and landed in Portland to fly home. 

Do you like my hat? :) hi Pat!

Mr. Milkdrunk here, just thought I'd look over cause I noticed you're taking my picture, and uh, that's cool. I'm pretty cute ain't I? 
Yes, Jett. Yes you are cute! 

This is truly a table for a gathering.

Greg/me/Napoleon/Kristi/Jett/Mom-Grandma/Justin/Kaitlin/Lynn/Pat.

Mom/Grandma/Danny/Shari/Lynn

Uncle Justin 



whew, what a day! Sweetie pie Jett. :)

I can't wait for all of them to come back here! Come again soon, won't you?

2 comments:

Darcie said...

Looks like you all had a great time. So happy for you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a post! Made me tired just reading it all. lol It really was so much fun, wasn't it? So glad I could do it. Looking forward to next time! xox M.