Monday, May 2, 2011

JDRF Gala 2011

Last week, including the weekend, turned out to be quite eventful. One noteworthy item is that I turned 27. Yes, thats right, just 3 years shy of 30. Wow. 27. Wow. People say I look younger than that now, and when I was younger they thought I was older. I like the way this is working out! :)

Next item that is noteworthy is that on Saturday night, Greg and I attended the JDRF Fundraiser Gala in Portland at the Governor Hotel. It was fabulous, just like last year. Except this year I didn't get us lost on our way.

The night started with cocktails, hor'derves, and  a silent auction. After that we went up to the main ballroom for dinner. For me, it was all about the food! Started off with salad and bread, then shrimp, filet Mignon, asparagus, and rice pilaf. For dessert they served the most delicious pecan pie. YUM!

Then there was the live auction, which was super fun to watch. We also heard speeches from several different people who live with Type 1 Diabetes, which is why we were all there. It was very touching to hear their struggle with this disease, and I truly hope that a cure is found. For me, it is dear to my heart because my grandma is diabetic. I know what she has to go through everyday. Its a lot.

Anyway, here are some photos from the night. Enjoy!

 Greg and I at our table.

Me and my friends- Stephanie and Kelsey


YUM! Our dinner. I tried to finish every last morsel- it was so good!


Did I mention that the theme of the evening was "Unmask a Cure"? :)


Christine, Jackson (he's the one we were all there for. He's lived with Type 1 Diabetes for 17 years), and his sister Kelsey.


Greg and I went for a little walk around town after the event was over. We stopped into another swanky hotel because it was pretty. and we took a few photos. then left.

 I think we were finally on our way back to our car at this point.

No comments: