Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GOALS


I have some goals I would like to accomplish this year. Not necessarily resolutions….I’ve not yet resolved exactly what I want to do with some of my goals. And I hate New Year’s resolutions because they never happen for me. In the past, I’ve set these lofty (almost unattainable) goals for myself, never really shared them with anyone, and then once I thought about starting to work on them- realize just how lofty they are and then never even started. So that is goal numero uno! START MY GOALS! I suppose that would include overcoming my fear of failure and success. Yes- I am so afraid to succeed it’s not even funny. Perhaps I should look at each new goal or adventure as a failure adventure- then maybe I’d surprise myself by succeeding and keep up with it! Hmmm, reverse psychology does work wonders for me. 

Here are some goals of mine this year:


  1. Don’t be afraid to JUST DO IT!
  2. Get better at blogging. This will include posting AT LEAST once a week. This also includes sharing more of our lives with you.
  3. Take more pictures. I’ve taken a lot of time off of photography. It’s time to get back into the game and rediscover my creative self.
  4. Keep a cleaner house. (who am I kidding really…if you’ve ever lived with me you know. But a goal of mine it is nonetheless)
  5. Remember birthdays and send birthday cards. (part one will be easier than part two for me)
  6. Finally start learning a new language. I’d like to get Rosetta Stone and learn French. Oui!
  7. Get and stay in shape.
  8. Go somewhere new in Oregon every month.
  9. Take online classes. One can never learn too much.
  10. Sew. Learn to use the machine I have and go to town.
  11. Branch out in my knitting. With my latest project, I’ve already grown a bit more confident in trying new patterns. I’d like to keep it up.
  12. Cook more- and get better at it. Bake more- and really get better at that. Basically, I’d like to do more kitchen experiments (that is usually what my cooking is).
  13. Make the Kids Art Discovery Zone at the Corvallis Fall Festival (40 year anniversary this year!) BETTER than EVER!


Well, there you have it. Nothing too lofty.  And now I’ve shared them- so that is supposed to make me want to do them more right? Right. And I can share my progress throughout the year- which will accomplish goal #2- blogging more! Win, win.
Do you have any goals this year?

1 comment:

Ann said...

Great goals sugar-doll! I especially liked #4 (haha). Seriously, they're all attainable. Just get a routine going and go for it! xox M.