Thursday, June 18, 2009

Longboarding...

When my parents moved my little brother, Chad, stayed behind. He also left his longboard with Greg and I for safe keeping. Little does he know that we have been having a BLAST with it!
I never thought I could ride on any kind of board. When I was in Jr. High, I had tons of "Skater" friends. I hung out with all the guys and they tried to teach me to ride a skate board once or twice. After many failed attempts and some scrapes and bruises- they told me to just "Stand there and look pretty". Nice. I had resigned myself to never learing to ride any kind of board.

Lucky for me, Chad left his board, and we have an apartment on the ground floor with all lynolium floors! Also lucky for me, Greg (who is a natural at this kind of stuff- like most guys) is an EXCELLENT teacher. He taught me how to ride! Longboarding in the house is SO FUN! I have also gone around the block- quite a few times might I add- AND- without falling!!!!! I want one!! I want two actually. One for me, and one for Greg. Like this beauty of a board posted here. I guess I will just have to save my pennies...............

1 comment:

andrea said...

Dude I love long boarding. Seriously, why don't we liver closer. I always knew we were kindred spirits, the name gave it away :)