Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm not Crying

So, last week my folks and my sister and her family left Oregon to move back to AZ. I'm not crying.....amazing. It does hurt my heart to see them go, but I know that we'll see them any time we are in Arizona. Almost ALL of our family is in Arizona. I miss you ALL! But I am amazed at myself because had it been a year ago- I don't think I would have stopped crying. My eyes did water a bit as I gave my hugs good-bye. Really, how could they not? I love my family and it has been fun being up here with them. I will really miss my sisters kids too. They are so special to me. I already have one set of nieces in AZ that I don't get to see. I can't imagine how big they have gotten in the two years we have been up here.

My heart aches for those that I love that are not around me. Friends and family- do you realize how much I love you all? I know I am far away, and sometimes I don't call often- but I think about each one of you. I look at your blogs. I look at pictures. I remember good times. And if you ever need me- I am here for you. I will always be here for you- no matter how long it has been, or how far away you live.

But I am not going to cry. My heart is full. I am happy. I have the BEST husband in the world! I love him more than I knew I could love. Not only that, but he helps me stay true to me, and hopefully, I do the same for him. We laugh so much together! We cook together. Lots of times Greg cooks for me when I am too tired after work. He also cleans and bakes! I feel like we have the perfect partnership- each one of us picking up where the other left off. I am so grateful to him- my husband- my best friend- my love. I have everything I need and more. I am in good hands up here in Oregon. And even though I will miss my family who has moved away- we are not alone, and we have each other. I'm pretty excited to see what the future holds!

1 comment:

The Pint-Sized Platypus said...

This is sooo sweet! I am very happy for you. I'm sure everytime you think of someone from "back home" they are thinking of you too. Can you feel the love?