Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rainy Day



Today is a very rainy day. I woke up wishing it was a day like the picture above. I wanted to be outside, soaking up the sun. Maybe go on a picnic and a hike. Or something of that nature. But it will be a few months (if lucky) before we get that kind of weather again.

So, on this rainy day, we went to see a movie. Naturally. What else is there to do? Especially when trying to avoid the chores awaiting at home. We went to see the latest Harry Potter. Pretty dang good. Can't wait for the next one to come out. Wish we didn't have to wait a whole year for it, but, such is life. Before the movie,We had lunch at Market of Choice. That place still blows me away. The deli is a mile long, and it always takes me at least 10 minutes to decide what to eat. We landed on a huge roast beef sandwich on Ciabatta bread. It was delicious! Then, we did a little thrifting and I found a great deal on some fun scrapbooking paper. Not that I do any scrapbooking, but I do like to make stuff with such cool patterns and colors. It was a pretty good day, despite all the rain.

Tomorrow, we might go for a drive or something. Search for some sunshine! (yeah, probably that won't be too likely, but I can dream) But even if we can't find any, I'm sure we'll have a lovely day, just like today.

Before I go, I was going through some old photos I had, and stumbled upon this one of my sister, Kristi. I edited it a bit, and really like it. Miss ya sis.



2 comments:

Jeni Lyn said...

Good News! The next Harry Potter is coming out this June! ONLY 5 more months - maybe we can all go see it together when we are there!

Darcie said...

That's a GREAT idea, Jeni!! I loved this post, Andrea. You are so much your father's daughter. He loves to do just simple little fun things all day. Like thrifting or going for a drive. Honestly I love so much how the two of you can find something fun to do in the simplest ways. It's good for me to learn from you. That's an AWESOME picture of Kristi. It almost didn't look like her at first! I kinda (notice I said, Kinda) miss the rain. It's pretty sunny here. Love you.