Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thankful

So now that we are into the Christmas Season, let me back track a minute and share with you our Thanksgiving. It was the smallest that either of us has ever had...just the two of us. and Marco, Dora and Napoleon of course. As we were planning our menu, you know, turkey, potatoes, what kind of veggie to do etc.; we suddenly realized that since it was just the two of us, there were no guidelines. So, we decided on a seafaring Thanksgiving..........

with king crab legs.......

fresh king salmon.....

roasted red potatoes, green bean & mushroom side dish.......



...and homemade pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream....as you can see above, we cleaned our plates and stuffed ourselves full and subsequently needed a nap! After a while we felt up for the pumpkin pie and I whipped the cream for it (using my new cuisinart immersion blender/mixer/food processor). It was awesome.


We spent the day hanging out, listening to records and working on a puzzle......


It was a beautiful, relaxing day. I had to come back to Thanksgiving because I never got to say all the things I'm thankful for here, and I really wanted to share it with you. Because I am so blessed...I'm incredibly grateful for my husband and best friend Greg. He lights up my life with fun and laughter. I am incredibly grateful for my family. Each and every one of you has helped shape who I am. you've all taught me so much. About love, forgiveness, patience, commitment, humor....I could go on and on. For my friends...some of who I count as family. For our furry kids, Marco, Dora, and Napoleon (tiny tim is now Napoleon...yup, he's not going anywhere). For our jobs, our home, car, health...I'm so grateful for this life.

Now, onward to Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Darcie said...

HOW FUN!!! What a great Thanksgiving you two had. I smiled the entire time reading this post. The crab legs and salmon looked delicious!!! I need to do a Thanksgiving like this one year for Chad. He doesn't love Thanksgiving food so much. He'd be happy if we did Chinese food for Thanksgiving or chicken tacos! Hmmmmm..... You've inspired me, Andrea. Love you guys so much.

favorite aunt! said...

love this post! loved your meal! love you!