Friday, August 19, 2011

Yay, it's Friday again!

During the week, I come up with the most wonderful blog posts. They cover a wide variety of topics of interest, they are colorful and meaningful and funny, witty, well written, all the things you would want out of a blog. And then when I finally get to it, it's all crickets chirping in my head.
I wanted to tell you about last weekend. I want to tell you how proud I am of my little brother Chad for getting recruited to Phoenix College to play baseball. I want to tell you how much I've been thinking about gratitude, and how thankful I am for my family, and for those friends who are like family.   I wanted to do a post about how crazy I can be, and how we all have our craziness, and to thank those of you who continue to love and support me despite my craziness. I wanted to post about love, and forgiveness. I wanted to do a post about what to do if you are ever in a vehicle accident (Random, but I should still do that sometime).These are the things that have been on my mind lately. And perhaps, someday, I'll regularly post here and talk about these things. But for now, you just get a topical glimpse.
I know that it is Friday, and I should be doing a Friday Favorite....but eh, do I really need a special feature? I mean, come on, its just you reading ;) just my family. So I won't stress about making this blog perfect, or worry that it is sub-par on the internet land. I mean, who needs 50 comments and loads of followers anyway? this is just not that kind of blog. You know it and I know it. Maybe, if I had a laptop, I could get really good at this and do it all the time. But for now, you only get bits and pieces of us and our life here in Oregon. And I'll save the rest of my brilliant posting ideas for someday. As my grandpa says, "Somedays do come."

Happy Friday Ya'll! Have a great weekend. I'll leave you with some pics- scenes from last weekend.


This gorgeous flower was a bulb given to us by Kevin (Greg's brother). What a perfect gift.






By the way, I've really been trying to use my own voice here and write like I talk, not as an essay or anything like that. It's kinda scary being me, but can you tell? Thanks again for the love and support you bring, not only to me, but to Greg too! xoxoxooo

2 comments:

Ann said...

"You" are just perfect the way you are. Wouldn't have you any other way! Looks from the pics that you guys are really enjoying your summer outdoors! Love you bunches! xox M.

Darcie said...

I love your blog and love reading about what you and Greg are up to. It keeps me connected to you. I love you!