Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Body Parts (from a child’s point of view)


Last Saturday, my sis Jeni and I skyped. It was so good to see and talk with her. I even got to see Spencer, Ethan and Olivia. Ryleigh must have been out doing something pre-teenish. Gosh that girl has grown up! Olivia is 3, wait 4? No, almost 4, but still 3. She’s a red headed wild child who I think could probably charm just about anyone to do just about anything.
Jeni was telling me about all of the hilarious things that Livy (short for Olivia) says…which is quite often. There was one particular thing that Jeni said she wished she could blog, but didn’t feel she could because of the youngins that sometimes read her blog. Well, I don’t have such readers, and since we’re all adults here, I’m going to share this (what I thought absolutely hilarious) little story:
Recently, she had to teach Livy about girl body parts and the word “vagina”. (GASP! I just used the word vagina on my blog! Wait for it…it’s about to get worse!) Why at such a young age you ask? Because apparently Livy was going around explaining that “boys have a penis…. and girls have a butt penis!” Hmmmm….an interesting take on that one don’t you think? I laughed until I cried and almost wet my pants.
That’s the hard thing about living away from them….missing the most hilarious moments. Kids do say the darndest things, don’t they? Thank goodness for Skype!

I couldn’t resist sharing a pic from Jeni’s blog of the spitfire Livy.
Isn’t she a cutie pie?! Speaking of her blog…check it out for more hilarious stories (or if you are a big fan of baseball): www.linnloop.blogspot.com.


3 comments:

Kimberly and Aaron said...

Oh.My.Gosh. I almost died laughing. My co-workers probably think I'm cracked. What a doll!!!

Speaking of which, come visit Denver so I can soak up as much Andrea time as humanly possible. Love you!!!

Kristin N. said...

yeah come visit Denver!!! hehe.. Love you!

Darcie said...

She is hilarious and DOES say the darnedest things!!
Love you Andrea!!