Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Sun is shinning. The weather is sweet.


As you probably guessed from the title, Summer is in full swing here in Oregon and we couldn't be happier. To make things even better, we have our new backyard to enjoy it in. Here are some pictures of our new abode.




Andrea is so excited to have a house with a front porch. I picked up a rocking chair for Andrea at a thrift shop so she can sit outside and keep an eye on the neighborhood. I acquired the chair for a bargain price too. Only $4.50, can you believe that. All it needs is just to be recovered. You can Barely see it on the right side of the porch.




It's fantastic having a deck in the back as well. We lay out on it during the day to soak up some rays, and at night it serves as a good platform for star gazing. I also like to use it to work on projects. In fact here are some pictures of me building our cats a feline tower.
I built it out of wood scraps and some extra carpet from the local carpet shop. We wanted to buy one but they are just way to expensive. The one I made was completely free! Here is a picture of Dora's reaction to the finished tower.
As you see she was very excited about it. After she came back to Earth she was much more calm. she even posed for a good picture.
Marco on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with any of it. He was to busy warming up the floor under the bed.
As you know Andrea has talked about how much we love riding our new bikes. I figured I'd show you what they look like so you can have a better idea of how cool we look on them.
Not to brag or anything but I am responsible for the spectacular paint jobs. Pretty sweet Eh?
Last but not least. say hello to our new friends Barry and What's his name.

Well that's all for this post. hope it was as good for you as it was for me.





3 comments:

Darcie said...

Greg - you are hilarious! And a very good writer! I loved your post and the pictures are awesome! We'll be there soon to see all of your fun things in person! Love you both!

Kristin N. said...

Well Greg you definitely live up to the name of you blog! Love the pic of Dora, I'm sure she enjoyed taking the pic as well. I can't wait to come see you both. Miss you mucho grande!!

Kimberly and Aaron said...

Look at how adorable you are!! It sounds like things are going so well. I can't wait to see you again...hopefully sooner rather than later.