Thursday, July 15, 2010

So much to tell, so much I tell you!

First off, I can't say anything without mentioning a trip to Utah that Greg and I took back in June to say goodbye to Grandma Jolley. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends. She was full of life and I was so glad to learn so much about her while we were there. The above photo was taken at the cemetery where she was laid to rest. It was a lovely service. Going out there was the first time I had the opportunity to meet the rest of the Jolley family. They are a great bunch and I only wish we could have been there under different circumstances to spend more time to get to know them. This is another "someday" thing. I know it will happen.


On to other news:
The good news is that the Royal's (everyone in the above photo) are going to be here on the 27th this month! And, the other good news is that we've moved so we have the space to entertain them! Yes, that's right, we live in a house now! With a yard- a HUGE yard, and a HUGE garage, and it is the cutest little house with a big covered front porch. I can't tell you how much we love living in a house. Mc. Greggor (yeah, sometimes i call him that) got to work on our yard the very first day we were in. He's in hog heaven with yard work. The garden beds are in pretty bad shape, so he went right to work digging and turning it up, and we have a compost going so he can amend the soil. We've got to get some fall crops going pronto before its too late. Thing is, what do you plant at this time of the year?

I have so many pictures to share. But it might be a little bit because we have no internet at home right now. Which is why I've been so MIA with blogging. Oh- wait, that's pretty much all the time (hehe). But I want to share pictures of our house, of our trip to Utah, of me that my talented friend Shelley took while I was in CO visiting, of Greggors (cause he's so handsome), and of the beautiful summer we're finally having!

By the way- hope everyone had a great 4th of July! It is my favorite holiday, we had our first BBQ to celebrate it and then set off some sweet fireworks and ran around with sparklers. Love living in Oregon! And it always makes me think of Grandma Suey and Ken- they were married on the 4th! Happy anniversary!

2 comments:

Derek & Kellyn said...

your hair is so long and beautiful. i miss you!

Kimberly and Aaron said...

How freakin' fabulous do you look?! I can't wait to see more pictures of all of your adventures.

I was just in Seattle a couple weeks ago for a few days welcoming home my brother-in-law from his mission. Hopefully soon we'll be able to get together again. An hour in a coffee shop just doesn't cut it!!!