Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Year - Welcome 2013

2.0.1.3. 
Crazy. Does anyone else think....I remember in the 90's when the year 2013 was pictured with flying cars and trips to space? Where are the flying cars? That's what I want to know!


Boy was 2012 a year to remember! In fact, I think many of my posts coming up will be in review of 2012, because I was lazy and I just didn't feel like posting! Oh well. I'll call it a series of "Looking Back". I like to do that anyway. Let's review a few of the reason's 2012 was memorable - in a list - shall we?

January: Greg almost died. A head injury, brain bleed and low sodium - YIKES! I could not be more grateful to have him here, with me, and no injuries this year! Whoot! We are starting out good here folks!

March: Trip to AZ for my little sister's baby shower. I spent lots of time with the sisters and it was wonderful!

April: A pretty significant month. My nephew Jett was born. Such a cutie he is! A few scares with that as he was pretty early, but he came out with a healthy weight and quickly became the little chunker he is!
on the 30th though, my step-dad passed away unexpectedly. that sucked.

May: Drove 2 days to Snowflake, AZ to be with my mom and help out with the funeral stuff. 

June: The Dirty Dash! FUN!

July: My mom, Kristi & Jett, and my Aunt Lynn and Uncle Pat came to visit for the first time. It was way to quick, but wonderful nonetheless. At the end of the month my cousin Zac moved up here.

September: The Corvallis Fall Festival!

November: My Grandma and Grandpa and Mom came for Thanksgiving. I was ever so thankful to host and have them in my home. It felt natural, just really good having them here. We had a wonderful time and I need to dedicate a post just to that.

December: I hosted my first Christmas party with friends. Greg and I had a quiet Christmas with just the two of us, but were able to have Christmas dinner with some great friends.

Well, there you have it. Happy New Year to you! I'm looking forward to good things this year, and I hope you are too!


1 comment:

Darcie said...

Nice "Wrap up 2012 - welcome 2013" post. Never feel guilt about not keeping up on your blog - it just means you are out there living life to the fullest, which is better than being caught up on a blog! I love you!!