Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Into the New Year we go.....






It is now 2008 and we are still in Oregon! I am thinking that is a good sign. We have not rushed back to Arizona (although I must admit I want to sometimes) into the land of warmth and a decent job market. As we face this new year ahead of us, we realize that it is a year of change, a year of taking life into our own hands and making something out of it. I expect that even though we have a slow start, we will emerge at the end in our own way, victorious.
I miss everyone so much. I have a little piece of home with all my family and many friends scattered across the country. If I could have all of you in one place, no matter that place, that would be home to me. But for now, I think I am making Oregon my home and am going to take more time to enjoy its many splendors. I have seen so many beautiful things, and there is so much more out there to explore. I am really looking forward to the spring. I really want to start my own garden on my great back decks. Greg and I have been trying to decide on what to grow. What kind of peppers and what kind of tomatoes, but we definitely want to try to grow lavender, basil, rosemary, thyme, mint, bee pollen, and lemon grass. We'll see what I actually do, and can grow. Maybe I will develop a green thumb this summer! Of course, Oregon weather does help.




Well, I don't know what else to say right now, but I will try to check in soon. this whole blogging thing is very new to me! Hope you enjoy some of these photos!





Oh yeah- here is a video I made for us Naylor kids for Christmas. So Kristi, Tyler and Devin, if you by some chance logged on to this, you can see your Christmas present. Hope it was a good one for all of you.


1 comment:

Jeni Lyn said...

well its about dang time you posted something new! I had stopped checking your blog! It is good to see that you all are doing well. I guess I will see you on Sunday at the super bowl festivities.